Here are a few wordpress tips that I would like to pass on for your personal learning curve.
- You can change the header of some themes to include your own pictures and text so that your blog will become unique to you or your business.
- You can link to other websites that you want people to visit via your blogroll or another named link. With some WordPress themes you may have to use this facility with a widget. I just found this out when one of my websites would not show a link that I had set up until I used a widget for this purpose.
- You can install a facebook Like button on your posts or any number of other plug-ins that you might choose. There are many available at the Plug In Directory of WordPress.Org.
- It is a really simple matter to insert a picture, a video or an audio in any WordPress post.
- And using the tools provided with WordPress you can back up your website to the hard drive on your computer.
While there are more wordpress tips you will learn as you go, these are great starters to get you going in the right direction.