- When my left ear starts to pound, it is an indication that vertigo may be about to start. However, deep breathing for several minutes can calm the situation.
- Remaining still & looking intently at a fixed object (even a bare wall) helps.
- Moving my feet up and down while seated relieves the heaviness & feeling of numbness in my feet & legs.
- When I am able to stand, walking back & forth in a room seems to restore my feet & legs to normal.
- Sometimes, even when vertigo is not present, a light headed feeling (as if I were drunk) stays with me for several minutes. This can occur at any time. Deep breathing & remaining still, seated on a chair, helps here also.
- Taking a very hot & long shower can trigger the vertigo at times, so it is best to tone down the length and water temperature of my showers.
- Drinking plenty of water during the day helps me as well.
- It is also a good idea not to remain in a room with fluorescent lights.
To your good health,